1 pound asparagus
4 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 cups rice
¼ cup dry white wine
2 teaspoons salt
1 lemon wedge, squeezed
garnish: 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Trim the asparagus by removing the woody stems and discarding them.
Then slice the stems in small rondelles. Slice away the tips whole, and put
- To the pressure cooker add the asparagus stems and water. Close and lock
the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook for 12 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure through the
valve. Pour the contents of the pressure cooker in a heat-safe measuring cup
and measure 4 cups with a little extra. This is your micro stock.
- In the heated pressure cooker base add the onion and olive oil and swish
everything around until the onions have begun to soften. Add the rice and
coat with the oil and onions, and then keep stirring until the kernels start
drying and turning white again, about 2 minutes.
- Splash in the wine and stir until all of the wine has evaporated. Add the
asparagus micro stock, asparagus tips and salt and mix everything gently
scraping the base of the pressure cooker to ensure nothing is stuck there.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook for 6 minutes at high
pressure. When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure
through the valve.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and mix well. Serve with a swirl of your best
extra-virgin olive oil